Senior Back-end Developer
At a glance:
- You code and debug at a senior level and enjoy your work.
- You have senior level experience with languages like Java, Ruby, PHP, and Python
- You communicate, manage time, and solve problems at a senior level
- We will pay you a senior level salary
- We will provide you benefits consistent with senior level experience
- We will also communicate, manage time, and solve problems at a senior level
- Together we will build software that makes sense 🚀
What we are looking for at .JOBS
The .JOBS top-level domain registry is looking for a Senior Back-end Developer that is excited to be a part of a growing, cutting edge development team. The perfect addition to our team is someone with a growth mindset, a positive "work hard and solve complex problems" attitude, and who loves development, inside and out. Our culture is incredibly important to us, we don't want to be another job, we want to set you on the best path for the rest of your career.
Senior Back-end Developer job description
We are looking for an experienced back-end developer to join our development team and help us innovate the entire domain name industry As a back-end developer, you will be responsible for the server-side web application logic as well as the integration of the front-end.
If you are an outstanding programmer with a passion for developing beautiful, innovative applications, then you will love this job and .JOBS!
Senior Back-end Developer duties and responsibilities
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Your main focus is on coding and debugging, you should love these things
- Define and clearly communicate technical and design requirements
- Build high-quality reusable code for current and future applications
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean code
- Learn about new technologies and implement them when appropriate
- Stay current with best practices
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and stakeholders
- Participate in conferences and technology educational programs
- Follow new and emerging technologies
Senior Back-end Developer requirements and qualifications
- 6-9 years of experience as a back-end developer
- Deep understanding of web development
- 5-10 years of experience with languages like Java, Ruby, PHP and Python
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
About our current technology stack
At .JOBS we are a complete Kubernetes shop. Our infrastructure is hosted across multiple cloud providers including both Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services. We empower our developers with an infrastructure purpose built for quick and easy deployments as well as full monitoring at all levels. The majority of our back-end software is written in Python, with front-ends generally built on Django or Angular. We employ Elasticsearch across our stack for multiple uses while utilizing RabbitMQ as our default messaging queue.
About the .JOBS company
The .Jobs TLD was launched in 2005, since then .Jobs has become the premier destination for job-related content online. Job seekers seek out and trust companies that utilize .Jobs domain names.
The .JOBS Top Level Domain is the de facto TLD for employment related content on the internet. Used by the largest employers in the world for hiring efforts, employee portals, and more. Hundreds of millions of job seekers visit .Jobs websites monthly through search engines and direct traffic sources. Registrars that sell .JOBS domains include GoDaddy, MarkMonitor, CSC, Name.com, and hundreds more.